Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: Baimun and the adventures of buying a FERRARI....

  1. #21
    Inactive Member DARTH POOH's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2004
    Posts
    3,327
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by baimun:
    It's cool and it's infuriating......
    ... Imagine a store that has every cool toy you could ever imagine at less than Ebay prices.... but you only have $10 in your pocket. That's what it's like.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, brother if that isn't the truth. When I lived in Phoenix, my father-in-law (why do we always end up with our 'in-laws' at these things?) We used to go to the Barrett-Jackson
    auction every year. (For those who don't know about it, it is THE national car auction) That's where Leno goes every year to get his latest goodies stc..) I've seen cars there that you usually only see in die cast models and such.
    We're talking lots of rarities, things like the 57 Caddy Eldorado Broagham /Brushed Aluminum Roof. Goodies like this are very rare.
    Only Caddy/GM car to have 'Suicide Doors' like a Lincoln Then there would be like Eight million dollar Bugatti's and such..Amazing show!

    You'd see selections of colors and such there. [img]eek.gif[/img]

    1957 Eldorado Broagham
    eb 818a

  2. #22
    Inactive Member DARTH POOH's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2004
    Posts
    3,327
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    BTW this is in this morning's "My MSN"
    JR7OWQ1E02BI@K5EG8F! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]eek.gif[/img]

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Dajistano's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    7,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When I see someone with a nicer car than I have, I want to bash its windshield in with a baseball bat. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member baimun's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2001
    Posts
    6,345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like performance cars, but I also have a love for artistically bent metal and chrome.... I love the curves of the older cars like the ones above, but cringe at the puny, undersized brakes and engines that are powerful, but undersized for a 4000 pound behemoth.

    THIS is one of my favorite cars in the world... The Ferrari P4

    412P0850Dijon052

    The roof panel is removable to make it more comfortable for road driving, but it's still little more than a race car that has turn signals and headlights. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    I really hate cars with huge indy style rear wings and tall hood scoops and turbo-zoomer-uber-ground effects and such... they do absolutely nothing to help with performance, and they confuse non-car people who then can't tell a REAL performance car when they see them.

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ September 07, 2004 01:27 PM: Message edited by: Baimun ]</font>

  5. #25
    Inactive Member baimun's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2001
    Posts
    6,345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here are some good examples.....

    Custom Chevy Cavalier:
    Cavalier Green with Shadow

    Ground effects, hood scoop, rear wing, custom wheels, the shocks that raise and lower the car... and a fully modified cast-iron 2.6 liter 6 cylinder engine on a front-wheel-drive space frame. Maybe 170-200 horsepower.

    Now... this is an Ultima GTR:
    gtr59

    It's built on a racing tube frame, has a 500 horsepower modified corvette mid-engine (behind the driver) and can do 0-60 in 3.3 seconds and has a top speed well over 180mph. This is a BEAST. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ September 07, 2004 01:41 PM: Message edited by: Baimun ]</font>

  6. #26
    Inactive Member Skull-n-Bones's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2004
    Posts
    849
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Baimun: Get a Prowler....and prepare for instant celebrity. It's a party whever you go in this car...takes forever to get out of the gas station with all the questions asked. Never got so many thumbs up in my life on the road! They are going to have to bury me in this car....Kids especially go out of their minds when they see it. Like Hot Wheels come to life.

    I don't care what car people drive, as long as they don't drive like assholes, and are not on the cell phone, and it helps if they don't have any cutesy personalized plates.

    sidewall

  7. #27
    Inactive Member baimun's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2001
    Posts
    6,345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I bet that looks great even with the soft top up..... I really like the colors (I prefer silver or black over colors like red)

    I've always loved those monster wheels on the prowler (20's, right? 17 in front?)... I'd really like to find a high mileage one so I wouldn't feel back about gutting the engine and dropping a 4.5 or 5 litre V-8 in there. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    I know it'd be a tight fit, but once the headers poked out of holes in the sides of the front tunnel, and then back in to snake under the car and out the back..... Mmmm..... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  8. #28
    Inactive Member Skull-n-Bones's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2004
    Posts
    849
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL...20s in back 17's up front. We have a member just stuff a V-8 HEMI in! Still working out the kinks but it's a first. You can nitrous and supercharge to over 560 HP.

    Some people have also designed a system where you can switch off the back exhaust pipes and switch to "Lake Pipes" sticking out the side for drags.

    the mods availabe to this car are mindblowing...you can get a stroker motor, or have twin stacks out the top of the hood, remove the rear or front bumpers....side pipes, etc.

    BTW: I honestly mean this....I'll park my car next to ANY Ferrarri and a Prowler will draw MOST or ALL the people between the two cars if side by side....Maybe the Enzo might draw a few people away from my car. It's that much of a circus wherever I go....seriously...it's mind boggling the reaction people have.

  9. #29
    Inactive Member Skull-n-Bones's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2004
    Posts
    849
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Prowler 1webzoomie3

  10. #30
    Inactive Member baimun's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2001
    Posts
    6,345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I can understand that... they're just so Retro-future looking. (if that's a descriptive term)

    There was a custom street rod at the auction that I wish I had taken pics of... it was a curvy aero version of a 30's Ford Roadster... with a Corvette engine, this really cool curved, slatted chrome grill, flush headlights in the curved fender humps, suicide doors, and billet wheels. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    That was a sick, sick, cool car. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •